PTO Meetings: PTO meetings are scheduled for the first Wednesday of the month. The next PTO meeting is set for Oct. 1st @ 2:45PM in the DCIS Media Center.
* Adopt a Teacher: We need you!!! Show your support for our DCIS staff and teachers by joining our Adopt a Teacher program! Show them how much you appreciate all they do!
* Tucker's Night: Monday, Sept. 22nd, from 4:00 PM - 9:00 PM. Tucker's has partnered with DCIS to help raise extra money for our school. After 4 PM, 10% of your purchase will benefit DCIS. Refill your Tucker's cups for $.99 and $.50 of every refill always goes back to DCIS.
*Next week we are looking forward to bringing more cancer awareness to our community. We want to encourage our students, parents and staff to wear PINK all week at school. There will also be several games at DCHS and DCMS in which it is requested that if you attend you support cancer awareness by wearing PINK as well!
Students should not bring balls, etc... to the football games. Students will not be allowed to play side games. Children should be accompanied by an adult at all games.
DCHS Pink Out Week
Join us next week as we support breast cancer awareness by “Pinking Out” DCHS! The following events will be “Pink Out” themes.
Please wear your best pink and help us raise funds, which will go to Project3one, which supports families who are affected by breast cancer.
We can’t wait to see our stands “Pinked Out”!
9th Gd. Football v. Norman
JV Football v. Norman
Volleyball v. Yukon
Softball v. Western Heights
V. Football v. Yukon
PTO met on Wednesday Sept. 3rd. All PTO meetings will be held on the first Wednesday of the month at 2:45 PM in the media center. Please mark your calendar with these dates so you can be involved.
If you are trying to reach a teacher or other staff member through email you may do so by typing (email@example.com) or go through the DCIS Website.
If your daughter is interested in joining Girl Scouts or getting more information about Girl Scouts join them for information, ice cream and a bouncy house at Mitch Park on Tuesday, September 9th from 6-8PM.
This clinic is for grades K-6th. It will be held from Tuesday, Sept. 30th - Thursday Oct. 2nd with a performance on Friday, Oct. 3rd. The cost is $40 per student and will take place in the DCIS gym from 4:00-5:30 PM.
Friday, Oct. 3rd, will be the First Annual Deer Creek Baseball Alumni Golf Tournament - 4 person Scramble. This golf tournament will take place at the Fairfax Golf Club with a shotgun start at 9:00AM.
Cell Phone Policy
1st Offense: Phone taken to office, parent notified, student may pick up at end of day
2nd Offense: Phone taken to office, parent notified, parent must pick up
3rd Offense: Phone taken to office, parent notified, parent must pick up and phone may not be brought back to school
Please know that our office staff will answer every phone call that they can, but at the end of day between 2:15 - 2:45 our office becomes very busy with dismissal, parent check out, end of day medical procedures etc......If you try to reach us during this time your call may go to voice mail. We do our best to take care of all needs so please be patient with us if you cannot get through to us especially during 2:15 - 2:45PM.
Spirit Wear Order Form
Teachers have been going over the handbook with the students in class this
week. Read it at your leisure but there is a page at the very back
of it that needs your signature as well as your child’s and should be returned
to the homeroom teacher as soon as possible. Especially pay close
attention to our Late Work policy. Keeping up with school
work is so important to a student’s learning but late work can be detrimental
to their grade. Please stress the importance of keeping up with
coursework and turning all work in on time.
students: We are having a battle between the homerooms in 5th and 6th
grade. The 5th grade homeroom and the 6th grade homeroom with the most boxtops turned in will win a Cupcake
party! ******Lots of back to school stuff has bonus box tops!!
For every 25 box tops you send in, you will be entered
in a BEDLAM BOXTOP drawing to win a
FREE T-shirt! We will draw one OU winner and one OSU winner!!! Turn
in any and all boxtops you have in a
bag or envelope to the DCIS office with the following information:
one: OU or OSU
**Contact the office if you need your child's PowerSchool code.
***Click the link below for the parent user guide to Powerschool
Our school is open to students at 7:15. Please do not drop them off earlier as we do not have staff available to supervise them until that time.
- When dropping students off please note we have two lines. When you come to the front of the building you will see a crosswalk by the gym and one at the front of the building. If your car is stopped between these two lines, that is our unloading zone. Please unload when you are between these lines. Waiting until you get directly in front of the building entrance delays those behind you. The sooner we can get the students out of the cars and safely on the sidewalk, the quicker we can get you back on the road.
- If you are not going through the line, then you MUST walk your child to the door. We do not allow students to cross the parking lot alone. Please use the crosswalks to come to the building. We want everyone to be safe.
- There is a space between the two car lines and that is for my staff and me to direct students from the cars and for the students to safely pass to the sidewalk. DO NOT drive in this lane.
- When exiting our parking lot, we ask that you only turn right during the times posted. This helps us to keep the lines moving. Remember you will encounter high school traffic beginning around 7:30.
- If you are picking your child up, please remind them to watch for you. They sometimes get busy visiting and don’t notice that you are in the pickup space. We will continue to try and help the students to watch, but your help is needed as well.
- Above all, please watch for students and parents in the parking lot. Keep your speed low and be patient as we assist everyone through the line and parking lot.
If you are coming into our building during the day, please remember to go to the office first and check in. You will need a pass in order to walk through our halls. If you forget, don’t be offended or surprised if our staff asks you to go to the office and get a pass. Also if you are coming to have lunch with your child, you must also check in the office first. Please remember you can only bring lunch for your own child. We have several students with food allergies, so we cannot share food or provide food for other children. In the event of a birthday, you can ask students to join you, but they must have their own food.
PUBLIC NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATION
Deer Creek Schools does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, age, religion, marital status, disability or veteran status in admission to its programs, services or activities, in access to them, in treatment of individuals, or any aspect of their operations and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated groups in accordance with all State and Federal Laws.
The following person(s) has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
NAME or TITLE: Lenis DeRieux
ADDRESS: 20701 N. MacArthur, Edmond, OK 73012
TELEPHONE NUMBER: 405-348-6100 Ext. 1138