THUNDER UP WITH DCIS : Parents will be able to purchase tickets at the arena for $12 a piece.
Our tickets are in sections 114 and 115.
6th Graders: Remember that our field trip has been rescheduled for Tuesday, March 11th. Don't forget your sack lunch for that day. Parents that are attending with us may pick up your ticket Tuesday morning from DCIS by 9:00 AM and follow the buses or Mrs. Verble will have your ticket and meet you at the SW entrance of the Chesapeake Arena.
Deer Creek 6th grade students will be able to watch the Tulsa 66ers, the NBA D-League affiliate of the Oklahoma City Thunder, live at the Chesapeake Arena and see current and future Thunder players for a professional basketball experience.
This experience will include:
*Educational booklet about healthy living
*On-court educational demonstrations and crowd involvement
*Mascot appearances by Rumble the Bison and Routie the Roadrunner
*And so much more!
Date: March 11, 2014
Time: 11:00 AM (We will leave DCIS at 9:30AM and return 2:00PM)
Location: Downtown OKC, Chesapeake Energy Arena
Purpose: Wellness and Physical Education
Sponsor: Coach Winkle
Extras: Bring a disposable sack lunch and drink. The concession stand will be open if students want to bring money for extra snacks. (One trip only)
State testing is quickly approaching and the first test will be the 5th Grade Writing test. It is scheduled for February 26th. There will be Late Start that day. Mrs. Hayward our counselor has set up an easy way for you to sign up to help. Please go to this link to “Sign Up Genius” www.SignUpGenius.com/go/10C094AAAAA2AA5FD0-2014 There you will be able to sign up to volunteer to monitor/proctor during the 5th Grade writing test. You may also contact Mrs. Hayward to volunteer as well. Thank you in advance for your help.
In October 2013, Amazon launched a new fundraising opportunity for non-profits and charitable organizations. The program is called Amazon Smile.
Here’s how it works. When someone purchases items from Amazon at checkout they have an opportunity to designate a non-profit of their choice for the receipt of donations from eligible items. Once they search for the group they want to support that group becomes their default organization for any future
purchases/donations. The Deer Creek Schools Foundation (listed as the Deer Creek Community Enrichment Foundation on the site) will receive .05% of every eligible purchase. As an example, the purchase of $600 worth of eligible items would result in a $30 donation directly to the Foundation. Since
we spend on average $15.00 per student per grant cycle that contribution essentially would help pay for 2 students funding and it would help us increase our endowment for future generations. Here is a link to a page promoting the opportunity. http://smile.amazon.com/ch/73-1132453 If you, your friends,
family, or neighbors purchase through Amazon please be sure to have them select the Foundation or whatever charity you would like to receive your eligible gift.
FEBRUARY 3th is the last day to purchase your yearbook online for $32.
After this date, it will go up to $37.
You do not want to miss the opportunity to purchase your yearbook.
The website is jostensyearbooks.com
The phone number is 1-866-282-1516
If you do not purchase by this time you are taking a chance that you will not be able to buy a yearbook. Please purchase your yearbook today
Thank you, Mrs. Kelli Hau, Yearbook Sponsor
Our Spring Boxtop Contest, THUNDER UP FOR BOXTOPS, is underway! DCIS earned $1100 in the Fall and we want to top that!
The 5th grade and the 6th grade homeroom class that turns in the most boxtops will win a ice cream sundae party this spring!
Also, we will hold a drawing for a one 5th grader and one 6th grader for a Thunder spirit pack. To enter, for every 25 boxtops you submit to the office, your name will be entered in a drawing! Please mark your name & homeroom teacher on the bag or envelope.
BOXTOPS ARE DUE BY Thursday, February 27th!!!
Thank you for supporting Boxtops for Education!!!!
Receipts from the following retailers at Quail Springs Mall are worth double and triple points in February:
> J’s Hallmark
> Bath & Body Works
> Helzberg Diamonds
> Kay Jewelers
> DOUBLE POINTS
> BJ’s Restaurant
> Longhorn Steakhouse
> TGI Fridays
> El Chico
> HuHot Mongolian Grill
> Chinese Gourmet
> Burger King
> Famous Cajun Grill
> Raising Canes
Turn in your receipts or copies to our locker across from the arcade on the food court level or the box outside the DCIS office. Thank you.
Check out PTO Happenings under the PTO tab.
***Contact the office if you need your child's PowerSchool code.
***Click the link below for the parent user guide to Powerschool
Our school is open to students at 7:15. Please do not drop them off earlier as we do not have staff available to supervise them until that time.
- When dropping students off please note we have two lines. When you come to the front of the building you will see a crosswalk by the gym and one at the front of the building. If your car is stopped between these two lines, that is our unloading zone. Please unload when you are between these lines. Waiting until you get directly in front of the building entrance delays those behind you. The sooner we can get the students out of the cars and safely on the sidewalk, the quicker we can get you back on the road.
- If you are not going through the line, then you MUST walk your child to the door. We do not allow students to cross the parking lot alone. Please use the crosswalks to come to the building. We want everyone to be safe.
- There is a space between the two car lines and that is for my staff and me to direct students from the cars and for the students to safely pass to the sidewalk. DO NOT drive in this lane.
- When exiting our parking lot, we ask that you only turn right during the times posted. This helps us to keep the lines moving. Remember you will encounter high school traffic beginning around 7:30.
- If you are picking your child up, please remind them to watch for you. They sometimes get busy visiting and don’t notice that you are in the pickup space. We will continue to try and help the students to watch, but your help is needed as well.
- Above all, please watch for students and parents in the parking lot. Keep your speed low and be patient as we assist everyone through the line and parking lot.
If you are coming into our building during the day, please remember to go to the office first and check in. You will need a pass in order to walk through our halls. If you forget, don’t be offended or surprised if our staff asks you to go to the office and get a pass. Also if you are coming to have lunch with your child, you must also check in the office first. Please remember you can only bring lunch for your own child. We have several students with food allergies, so we cannot share food or provide food for other children. In the event of a birthday, you can ask students to join you, but they must have their own food.