DC SOCK ORDER FORM
Due to the days we missed school because of ice and snow we have had to reschedule some activities. Next week on Tuesday, December 17th, we are having our December Honor Assembly. In addition to this activity we will be combining the 6th Grade Band Concert with the DCIS Honor Choir the same day. We have reserved the new PAAC building to our south from noon to 2:30. We will walk our students over to the PAAC just before noon. Below is a schedule of what and when we will be doing a particular activity. Please come and join us for the celebrations and entertainment. You may park in that parking lot and enter through the front entrance.
7:30 – 11:45 Regular Schedule (6th grade will take their science final in their first hour class)
11:45-12:00 Students will walk over with their teachers to the PAAC building. We will sit as a class with our students. I plan to reserve seating up front for parents that attend.
12:00 – 12:30 Band Concert
12:30 – 1:15 Honor Assembly - We will not have students come to the stage for the blue ribbons this time. We will have them stand in place and recognize them as a whole. All other awards will be given individually.
1:15 – 1:45 Honor Chorus will perform *
1:45 – 2:00 Audience will sing Christmas Carols
2:00 – 2:15 Students return to DCIS
*There will be a second performance of the Honor Chorus at the PAAC this evening at 6:00.
NO Late Start on
Wednesday, December 18, 2013.
All schools will start at their regular time. This is reflected on the 2013-14 Board approved School Calendar.
6th Grade Christmas Luncheon Reservation
Receipts from the following retailers at Quail Springs Mall are worth double points in December:
Bath & Body Works
Turn in your receipts or copies to our locker across from the arcade on the food court level or the box outside the DCIS office. Thank you.
Check out PTO Happenings under the PTO tab.
***Contact the office if you need your child's PowerSchool code.
***Click the link below for the parent user guide to Powerschool
Our school is open to students at 7:15. Please do not drop them off earlier as we do not have staff available to supervise them until that time.
- When dropping students off please note we have two lines. When you come to the front of the building you will see a crosswalk by the gym and one at the front of the building. If your car is stopped between these two lines, that is our unloading zone. Please unload when you are between these lines. Waiting until you get directly in front of the building entrance delays those behind you. The sooner we can get the students out of the cars and safely on the sidewalk, the quicker we can get you back on the road.
- If you are not going through the line, then you MUST walk your child to the door. We do not allow students to cross the parking lot alone. Please use the crosswalks to come to the building. We want everyone to be safe.
- There is a space between the two car lines and that is for my staff and me to direct students from the cars and for the students to safely pass to the sidewalk. DO NOT drive in this lane.
- When exiting our parking lot, we ask that you only turn right during the times posted. This helps us to keep the lines moving. Remember you will encounter high school traffic beginning around 7:30.
- If you are picking your child up, please remind them to watch for you. They sometimes get busy visiting and don’t notice that you are in the pickup space. We will continue to try and help the students to watch, but your help is needed as well.
- Above all, please watch for students and parents in the parking lot. Keep your speed low and be patient as we assist everyone through the line and parking lot.
If you are coming into our building during the day, please remember to go to the office first and check in. You will need a pass in order to walk through our halls. If you forget, don’t be offended or surprised if our staff asks you to go to the office and get a pass. Also if you are coming to have lunch with your child, you must also check in the office first. Please remember you can only bring lunch for your own child. We have several students with food allergies, so we cannot share food or provide food for other children. In the event of a birthday, you can ask students to join you, but they must have their own food.