School Supply Order Form 2015/16
Home Language Survey
Our school is participating in the SchoolStore program this year. Over 400 merchants, including Sears, Target, and Wal-Mart, have joined together to offer up to 50% of sales to our school for shopping through SchoolStore.com. To shop and support our school, simply go to www.schoolstore.com and select our school. If you want more information please click on the Getting Started video. It's only about 3 minutes long. (you might have to click and paste the link into your browser)
Student Safety - end of day
At the end of the day please wait in the lobby for your students or check in through the office before entering the rest of the building.
DCIS New York City Trip-6th Graders ONLY
6th grade parents and students are invited to join us on our annual trip to NYC. This trip will take place on June 3rd - 5th. Contact Bonnie Gull at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Long Distance Phone Numbers
Please give us a local phone number as a contact number for your child. The cost of long distance calls weighs heavily on our budget. This would help us immensely.
Calendars on Teacher Websites
If one of your child's teachers uses the 'calendar' on their website, you can click on the button at the top of the calendar that says "Subscribe". This button will allow you to receive an alert email every time the teacher adds, deletes, or changes something on their calendar
Attendance is very important to the academic success of your children. Please help us with this by having your students here and on time. If your student is absent please call the attendance line @ 715-9851 and leave us a detailed message.
The PowerSchool lunch account balance is not correct. Also, our Nutrakids email is not working properly yet since our email switch. Please check with your students to see if they owe money or contact our cafeteria manager Kim Hay at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you have any questions.
Cell Phone Policy
1st Offense: Phone taken to office, parent notified, student may pick up at end of day
2nd Offense: Phone taken to office, parent notified, parent must pick up
3rd Offense: Phone taken to office, parent notified, parent must pick up and phone may not be brought back to school
Please know that our office staff will answer every phone call that they can, but at the end of day between 2:15 - 2:45 our office becomes very busy with dismissal, parent check out, end of day medical procedures etc......If you try to reach us during this time your call may go to voice mail. We do our best to take care of all needs so please be patient with us if you cannot get through to us especially during 2:15 - 2:45PM.
PowerSchool - checking for grades
Please help us
help your children by checking their grades on a weekly basis. If you
need help accessing PowerSchool please call or stop by the office.
**Contact the office if you need your child's PowerSchool code.
***Click the link below for the parent user guide to Powerschool
Like us on Facebook at
Our school is open to students at 7:15. Please do not drop them off earlier as we do not have staff available to supervise them until that time.
- When dropping students off please note we have two lines. When you come to the front of the building you will see a crosswalk by the gym and one at the front of the building. If your car is stopped between these two lines, that is our unloading zone. Please unload when you are between these lines. Waiting until you get directly in front of the building entrance delays those behind you. The sooner we can get the students out of the cars and safely on the sidewalk, the quicker we can get you back on the road.
- If you are not going through the line, then you MUST walk your child to the door. We do not allow students to cross the parking lot alone. Please use the crosswalks to come to the building. We want everyone to be safe.
- There is a space between the two car lines and that is for my staff and me to direct students from the cars and for the students to safely pass to the sidewalk. DO NOT drive in this lane.
- When exiting our parking lot, we ask that you only turn right during the times posted. This helps us to keep the lines moving. Remember you will encounter high school traffic beginning around 7:30.
- If you are picking your child up, please remind them to watch for you. They sometimes get busy visiting and don’t notice that you are in the pickup space. We will continue to try and help the students to watch, but your help is needed as well.
- Above all, please watch for students and parents in the parking lot. Keep your speed low and be patient as we assist everyone through the line and parking lot.
If you are coming into our building during the day, please remember to go to the office first and check in. You will need a pass in order to walk through our halls. If you forget, don’t be offended or surprised if our staff asks you to go to the office and get a pass. Also if you are coming to have lunch with your child, you must also check in the office first. Please remember you can only bring lunch for your own child. We have several students with food allergies, so we cannot share food or provide food for other children. In the event of a birthday, you can ask students to join you, but they must have their own food.
PUBLIC NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATION
Deer Creek Schools does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, age, religion, marital status, disability or veteran status in admission to its programs, services or activities, in access to them, in treatment of individuals, or any aspect of their operations and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated groups in accordance with all State and Federal Laws.
The following person(s) has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
20701 N. MacArthur, Edmond, OK 73012
405-348-6100 Ext. 1138