DCIS Student Handbook
Teachers have been going over the handbook with the students in class this week. Read it at your leisure but there is a page at the very back of it that needs your signature as well as your child’s and should be returned to the homeroom teacher as soon as possible. Especially pay close attention to our Late Work policy. Keeping up with school work is so important to a student’s learning but late work can be detrimental to their grade. Please stress the importance of keeping up with coursework and turning all work in on time.
DCIS students: We are having a battle between the homerooms in 5th and 6th grade. The 5th grade homeroom and the 6th grade homeroom with the most boxtops turned in will win a Cupcake party! ******Lots of back to school stuff has bonus box tops!!
Also, For every 25 box tops you send in, you will be entered in a BEDLAM BOXTOP drawing to win a FREE T-shirt! We will draw one OU winner and one OSU winner!!! Turn in any and all boxtops you have in a bag or envelope to the DCIS office with the following information:
Pick one: OU or OSU
**Contact the office if you need your child's PowerSchool code.
***Click the link below for the parent user guide to Powerschool
Our school is open to students at 7:15. Please do not drop them off earlier as we do not have staff available to supervise them until that time.
- When dropping students off please note we have two lines. When you come to the front of the building you will see a crosswalk by the gym and one at the front of the building. If your car is stopped between these two lines, that is our unloading zone. Please unload when you are between these lines. Waiting until you get directly in front of the building entrance delays those behind you. The sooner we can get the students out of the cars and safely on the sidewalk, the quicker we can get you back on the road.
- If you are not going through the line, then you MUST walk your child to the door. We do not allow students to cross the parking lot alone. Please use the crosswalks to come to the building. We want everyone to be safe.
- There is a space between the two car lines and that is for my staff and me to direct students from the cars and for the students to safely pass to the sidewalk. DO NOT drive in this lane.
- When exiting our parking lot, we ask that you only turn right during the times posted. This helps us to keep the lines moving. Remember you will encounter high school traffic beginning around 7:30.
- If you are picking your child up, please remind them to watch for you. They sometimes get busy visiting and don’t notice that you are in the pickup space. We will continue to try and help the students to watch, but your help is needed as well.
- Above all, please watch for students and parents in the parking lot. Keep your speed low and be patient as we assist everyone through the line and parking lot.
If you are coming into our building during the day, please remember to go to the office first and check in. You will need a pass in order to walk through our halls. If you forget, don’t be offended or surprised if our staff asks you to go to the office and get a pass. Also if you are coming to have lunch with your child, you must also check in the office first. Please remember you can only bring lunch for your own child. We have several students with food allergies, so we cannot share food or provide food for other children. In the event of a birthday, you can ask students to join you, but they must have their own food.
PUBLIC NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATION
Deer Creek Schools does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, age, religion, marital status, disability or veteran status in admission to its programs, services or activities, in access to them, in treatment of individuals, or any aspect of their operations and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated groups in accordance with all State and Federal Laws.
The following person(s) has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
NAME or TITLE: Lenis DeRieux
ADDRESS: 20701 N. MacArthur, Edmond, OK 73012
TELEPHONE NUMBER: 405-348-6100 Ext. 1138